Skip to content
1st AD Responsibilities (D2)
- Attend the Production Meeting.
- Meet with the Producer to discuss the schedule.
- Start of day:
- Arrive at set 30 minutes to an hour early.
- Get a walkie from the 2nd AD, then go stand where the set will be and stay there. Radio 2nd AD to bring you whatever you need.
- At call time, have a Safety Meeting with the entire crew. Complete the Safety Meeting Report.
- Throughout the day:
- Run through the 1st AD Set Procedure: Block, New Deal, Build, Rehearse, Shoot…
- Manage the time on the set by keeping up with the Setup Schedule. Adjust schedule as needed.
- Look ahead to next setups and make sure departments are prepared and working ahead.
- End of day: