- The Producer is required by Florida State University policies to file a request for review of animal use on the production by the FSU Animal Care and Use Committee (ACUC).
- This request must be submitted well in advance of the start of the production, as it will usually take a number of weeks for a request to be approved.
- If a production does not receive approval from the Animal Care and Use Committee in time for production, the use of an animal is not permitted.
- Prior to completing the request form, review the relevant sections of the American Humane Association (AHA) Guidelines for the Safe Use of Animals.
- To apply, the Producer must submit the Animal Use Request form (as a Word doc), and the most recent draft of the script (as a PDF) highlighting the parts in the script that contain animals.