If you are utilizing media from a variety of different sources, we need to make sure that the media is compatible with the post workflow. The basic rule of thumb is to match the specs for the Media Composer sequence settings as closely as possible for all of your media.
Try to match the above sequence settings as closely as possible with your original media. If you’re unable to match the settings exactly, you should speak with the post hall staff in advance to confirm that your media will be compatible with the post workflow. As a general guide:
- 24.00 – Best
- 23.98 – Good
- 29.97 – OK, but not optimal (possibility of dropped frames)
- 30.00 – OK, but not optimal (possibility of dropped frames)
- 25.00 – Not good
- 24 bit 48k – Best
- 16 bit 44k – OK, but not optimal
- Note: .mp3 files are not your friend. Try and use .wav or .aiff files or convert your audio whenever possible to .wav or .aiff.
- 1.85.1, 2.39:1, or 1.37:1 are acceptable, but please check with instructors first and let them know of your intended ratio.
- There are mattes located in the extras folder on frame.io.
Titles and motion graphics:
- If you create titles or motion graphics from another software program, render out with these settings: 1920 x 1080 24p ProRes 4444 (which includes an alpha channel).