Producer Responsibilities (D2)
- Secure each filming location by completing a Location Agreement and Shooting Plan. Make sure the location owner is clear about the nature of the production, and provide them with a Location Pamphlet.
- Organize the Tech Scout for each location with at least the ATL. Establish where the restrooms, parking, staging, base camp and set will be. Complete a Location Hazard Assessment Checklist. If any location hazards, then also complete a Hazard Notification Report.
- Have each actor sign a Performance Agreement.
- Arrange for volunteers and/or extras if required.
- Break down the script and create the Production Schedule in Scenechronize.
- Coordinate call times with other Producers in your cycle using a Call Time Agreement to ensure 10 hr turnaround.
- Create a Setup Schedule with the DP.
- Prepare all scheduling information and other material required for Directors Prep.
- Attend Directors prep and takes notes for the Director.
- Assist the Director with any and all logistical needs to prepare for principal photography.
- Run the Production Meeting by reading the action of the script. Answer crewmembers’ questions.
- Prepare and make copies of all the paperwork needed on set.
- Check the weather periodically to monitor adverse conditions. Have a back-up plan.
- Meet with the 1st AD to discuss the schedule.
- Purchase Craft Services by the night before production.
- Pre-order lunch and arrange for it to be picked up by a volunteer on the day of production.
- Create the Call Sheet, including a map and email no later than 12hrs before call time.
- Have a Greenlight Meeting with the Head of Production and pick up camera & sound cards, 2D iPad, and SS iPad.
- Upload script into LockItScript for the Script Supervisor. Then download it onto the Script Supe iPad.
- Double check every logistical piece of information and make sure nothing has been forgotten.
- Start of day:
- Arrive at set 30 minutes to an hour early.
- Immediately establish contact with the location owner to make sure everything is still going as planned. Check back with them periodically throughout the day as needed.
- Deliver the craft services to the 2nd AD for them to set up the craft service table.
- Give the 2nd AD all the paperwork you prepared ahead of time for them to have completed throughout the day.
- Throughout the day:
- Be another set of eyes at the tap monitor to make sure all is going as planned.
- Verify with volunteer that lunch will be brought to set in time for 2nd AD to set it up prior to releasing for lunch.
- End of day:
- Approve the Daily Production Report and have 2nd AD distribute copies at the end of the day.
- Collect all the Daily Production Paperwork, camera cards & sound cards from the 2nd AD.
- With 2nd AD, clean and secure location. Be the LAST TO LEAVE (except perhaps Art Dept).
- Whenever possible, do a walk-thru with the location owner to verify everything is in order.
- Leave the location better than when you arrived.
- Turn in iPads to the Head of Production by 10am on Wednesday after production.
- Turn in Production Delivery Paperwork via OneDrive to the Head of Production by 9am Thurday after production.