Start of day
- Arrive at set FIRST, 30 minutes to an hour early.
- Open and establish contact with location. Record the state and location of things, ground rules.
- Get yourself and 1st AD on headset/walkies immediately. Sign out the rest to crew.
- Establish BASE CAMP: Crew, truck parking/equipment staging area/ craft service/ green room.
- Have crew members sign in using the iPad.
Throughout the day
- Maintain the craft service table throughout the day to make sure it is stocked.
- Record the New Deal using the Camera app on the iPad and upload to YouTube. (MFA only)
- Stay at base camp and handle the phones, paperwork and actors. Know where everything and everyone is.
- Escort the actors to and from set.
- At lunch make sure everyone signs the Meal Sign-In Sheet.
- Announce “30 minutes left on lunch” when the last BTL crew member has gone through the line.
- Make periodic announcements on time remaining on lunch.
- Make sure lunch does not exceed one hour.
End of day
- Have cast verify work time using the Performers Time Report.
- Make sure 2nd AC, Script Supe, and Sound Mixer meet at end of day to verify reports. Collect all reports.
- Have crew members sign out using the iPad.
- Complete the DPR and have it approved by the Producer. Then distribute within 2 hours after wrap.
- Organize all the of the Daily Production Paperwork for the Producer and deliver in a 3-ring binder or folder.
- Collect the camera card and sound cards, and deliver to Producer at the end of the day.
- With Producer, clean and secure location. Be the LAST TO LEAVE (except perhaps Art Dept).
- Leave everything better than when you arrived.
- Assist in wrapping production paperwork if necessary.