F2 Specs

Content specs

Page count1-2 pages (assigned by faculty)
Story runtime2:30
Credits runtime1:08
Total runtime3:38
Quantity of scenes1 scene
Quantity of locations1 location
Quantity of characters2 characters

Production specs

Shooting days1 day
Length of workday6 hours
Earliest call time6:00AM
Latest wrap time12:00AM
Night shootsNo
Locations per day1 location
Distance to locationLocation set by faculty
Pick-up daysNo

Capture specs

Camera packageRED
Frame rate24.000p
Sensor mode7K FF
Capture resolution2048 x 1080 (2K)
Capture aspect ratio1.90:1
Approved mattes1.37:1 • 1:85:1 • 2.39:1
Capture formatMOV
CodecProRes 4444 HQ
Gamma/color spaceRWG / Log3G10
Color processingIPP2
Output color spaceRec. 709
Output tone mapMedium Contrast
Highlight roll-offMedium
Sampling4:4:4 12-bit
Bitrate302 Mbps (VBR)

Data allocation

Pages per day2 pages
Shooting ratio20:1
Data rate2.6 GB/minute
Data per page52 GB
Data per day104 GB
Total data104 GB
Dailies per day40 minutes
Total dailies40 minutes


Picture Edit

Pic edit softwareMedia Composer
Pic edit days1 day
Pic edit locationThird floor labs


Production soundSingle system
Sound design softwareProTools
Sound design days1 day
Sound design locationThird floor labs
Sound mix daysNot applicable
Sound mix locationNot applicable

Visual Effects

VFX scopeNone
VFX softwareNot applicable
VFX daysNot applicable
VFX locationNot applicable


Coloring softwareDaVinci Resolve
Coloring days1 day
Coloring locationThird floor labs

Soundsnap License

Production Paperwork


The College of Motion Picture Arts pays an annual fee to Soundsnap for the licenses to the sound effects they provide on their site. No releases need to be signed for the use of these sound effects, so long as you remain in accordance with this licensing agreement.

You are free to:

  • Remix or transform the sounds in any way.
  • Copy and transmit the sounds – but not resell them as they are originally downloaded from Soundsnap.
  • Use the sounds in any music, film, video game, website etc. whether commercial or not, without paying additional royalties or other fees beyond the initial membership cost.

Trademark Use Agreement

Production Paperwork


This agreement is to be used to document when rights have been granted to use trademarks, logos and/or other identifiable characters associated with a company or product, in order to maintain a clean chain of title.

Any fair use claims — allowing the inclusion of trademarks in the finished film without this agreement being filed — must be presented to and cleared by the Head of Production prior to picture lock.

Synchronization License Request

Production Paperwork


A synchronization license is the right to reproduce a specific musical composition in your film. It must be obtained from the copyright owner of the composition, which is usually the publisher.

You can find out who the publisher is by searching by song title at either ASCAP or BMI. Almost every song is represented by one of these two companies. Songs that are not represented by ASCAP or BMI might be found at the National Music Publishers’ Association “Songfile” website (www.nmpa.org). You will be provided with a contact at the publisher’s Business Affairs or Licensing Department.

Getting the rights could be as simple as sending letters to the publisher and record label, having them sign and return them. However, you may be required to complete their licensing agreements instead. If this is the case, make sure you have the Head of Production review the agreement before you sign it, to ensure we have the proper releases.

You must get each license for at least:

  • Two-years
  • Film festival
  • Non-commercial
  • World rights

Note that you will need to get a synchronization license from the publisher, even if you are making your own sound recording of that song. For example, if you have your actor sing or recite lyrics, whistle or hum the tune, play the song on a musical instrument, or in any way make your own sound recording of the song, you will need to get the synchronization license from the publisher.


Left Hand Page

Production Paperwork


This form is for use by BFA script supervisors throughout the production day to log information for each take of each set-up, including:

  • Scene and take numbers
  • Time – i.e., duration of the take
  • Note about how good/complete the take was
  • Camera roll number
  • Sound card number
  • Shot size
  • Lens/F-stop
  • Filter
  • Day/Night – Interior/Exterior
  • Thumbnail sketch of the shot

Script supervisors will want to keep this form to the side of the shooting script — hence the name “left hand page” — so that they can efficiently log this information and line the script throughout the day.


Daily Continuity Progress Report

Production Paperwork


This form is for use by BFA script supervisors to record important information for each production day, including:

  • The times of key events throughout the day: crew call, shooting call, first shot of day, meal times, first shots after meals, camera wrap, and company wrap.
  • Daily progress in terms of scenes, pages, minutes, and set-ups.
  • Notes about scenes covered, wild tracks, retakes, weather conditions, and other continuity concerns.

At the end of each production day, the Second Assistant Director will enter information from this report into the Daily Production Report.

Sample Report