Having a smart plan for production in the COVID era is essential. Each show will need to create a production plan that addresses COVID-19 safety concerns. Getting approval for production will be contingent on presenting a satisfactory production plan at the show’s green light meeting.
Part 1: Documentary Subjects
For each subject who’ll be on camera, answer the following questions. If the answer is yes for any given question, explain how you’ll mitigate the increased safety risks.
- Are they in an elevated-risk demographic for COVID-19?
- Will they need to be maskless for interviews or b-roll?
- Will they need to be in close proximity with other subjects or crew members?
- Will they need to perform any actions that require shouting, coughing, singing, or physical exertion?
Part 2: Shooting Locations
You’ll need to develop a plan for mitigating safety risks at each shooting location. The most important part of this will come later, with a tech scout at each location. For now, answer the following questions for each shooting location that you’re considering.
- Is the shooting location interior or exterior?
- Is the shooting location a large, open, well-ventilated space or a cramped, closed, poorly ventilated space?
- Is the shooting location public or private?
- Do you anticipate any difficulties in doing a tech scout in advance of the shooting day?
Part 3: Travel and Accommodations
How you travel with your crew poses its own safety concerns. If the answer is yes for any given question, explain how you’ll mitigate the increased safety risks.
- Will any crew members be traveling outside Leon County?
- Will any crew members be using mass transit, such as buses or planes?
- Will any crew members be carpooling?
- Will any crew members be doing any overnight stays outside of Leon County, such as Airbnbs, hotels, or parents’ houses?
Part 4: Schedule
Using the Google Sheet that Tony Ciarlariello will provide, each group will need to make a comprehensive, day-by-day schedule that outlines all tech scouts, shooting activities, travel, and accommodation for all of the group’s shows.
ASSESS THE SAFETY CONCERNS
As you work on each section of the production plan, assess the level of COVID-19 safety concerns for each answer and then change the color of the answer according to the following criteria:
GREEN – Standard level of COVID-19 safety concerns
YELLOW – Warning of possibly elevated COVID-19 concerns
RED – Alert of definitely elevated COVID-19 concerns